The Archives reading room is located on the ground floor of the Menzies Building on Fellows Road. See the campus map
Transport from the city
The Archives is a 20-minute walk (via London Circuit and University Avenue) from the Civic Interchange, or a short trip from the city by taxi (Canberra Cabs 132 227) or by ACTION bus No. 3 which departs from the Civic Interchange:
- Alight from the bus at the University House bus stop in Garran Road
- Walk down Garran Road, and turn right into Fellows Road - the Menzies Building with arched windows will then be on your left
- Enter through the front door and walk straight ahead to the back of the building
Parking on the ANU campus is difficult to find so we recommend coming to the Archives via public transport. You may find paid parking near the Menzies Building at
- University House - off Garran Road, through archway
- Fellows Road near the ANU College of Law
- Corner of Liversidge Street and McCoy Circuit
There are several short-term parking spaces in front of the Menzies Building.
For visitors to Canberra, the most convenient accommodation is on campus or in inner city areas close to a bus route:
There are a number of cafes close to the Menzies building: the Vanilla Bean in the John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Gods at the Hedley Bull Building adjoining the Coombs Building, and the Brasserie in University House on Garran Road.